MSMC has implemented the following measures to ensure you and everyone has safe and healthy access to our services:
- Prior to every visit, we will ask you screening questions, to ensure at-risk patients reschedule their appointments to avoid community spread.
- Upon entry to our office, you will be asked to disinfect your hands with hand sanitizer and your temperature will be taken.
- We are scheduling patients in a way to limit the time and number of people in our waiting rooms.
- We have removed excess chairs from our waiting room so decrease exposure to surfaces, assist with management of cleaning and sanitizing, and to encourage appropriate social distancing.
- We are asking individuals who are escorting patients to wait in their cars to avoid crowding in the office.
- We will immediately take patients to treatment rooms if rooms are available.
- We have eliminated coffee service and magazines from our waiting areas as well as cups for water in order to reduce the chance for community transmission.
- We are screening our employees on a daily basis and following CDC guidelines.
- Lastly, as a medical facility we have always had a policy of sanitizing all surfaces in each room after each patient encounter but during this time we have now increased our vigilance and frequency of disinfecting.
For additional tips on Coronavirus Prevention, you can visit the CDC’s webpage.